Rules and Regulations
This is an Academic Library. The Library is primarily meant for all Section of Students, Teaching staff and Non-Teaching staff.
- LIBRARY TIMINGS
Monday-Friday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Lending: Monday to Friday 11 a.m to 2 p.m
Saturday: 11 a.m. to 1.45 p.m.
Lunch Hour: 2 p.m to 2.30. p.m.
Teaching & Non-Teaching staff will Automatically become library members. Students will become a member after showing their admission receipt with two stamp size photos and will eligible for reading, lending books against two cards. Without proper library card no student will be allowed in the library.
- Services offered by the Library
- Lending books for home reading
- Reading room service
- Career Guidance [Book Support]
- Reference Service
- Journals & News Paper
- Issue of documents
- Lending is restricted to the books available at lending section only. Maximum two documents can be issued at a time.
- A document issued may be kept by the user up to 14 days. Document will be renewed on and before due date if necessary.
- Readers are not allowed to borrow books on the card of other members.
- A borrower may be requested to return a document before the due ate if required urgently in the library.
- Certain documents are intended to be used only in the library Premises. Theses include reference books, textbooks, rare books, Current and bound periodicals etc.
- Borrowers are requested to check if the documents being borrowed are in good condition and no pages are missing in it. In case of defect or damage in the book, should be brought to the notice of the library staff.
- Borrowers are responsible for the documents they borrow. Documents lost, torn or damaged (tearing of pages, underlining, making notes, damaging of binding and the like) shall attract serious action including suspension of membership and/or replacement of documents concern. The lost/damaged document shall be replaced by the borrower with latest edition if the damaged document belongs to a set, then the user is responsible for the entire set.
- If a document is not returned within 30 days of its due date, it shall be treated as offence and legal action shall be initiated to recover the document.
- While leaving the library, user should ensure that they carry only those books that are duly issued on their names, otherwise disciplinary action will be taken against them.
- General Rules
Smoking and use of mobile phones are strictly prohibited inside library premises. If found, the membership as well the use of library facilities may be suspended. Entry in the library by the users is granted on the expresses understanding that they are legally bind themselves to obey all the library rules. Every person who enters to use the library should sign the register, kept in the lending section. Silence and strict discipline should be maintained in the library by all users and the library staff. Every one shall ensure that no reader should feel disturbed in their study by any act of his/her. Use of eatables in the library is strictly prohibited. Utmost care shall be taken by all to keep the library clean. Users are requested to return the books/documents on the circulation table after consultation. On leaving the library all users are requested to produce for inspectionall books and items taken out the Library. Improper use of library facilities by a member will lead to the Suspension/termination of his/her membership or may be lead to Suspension of library privilege for the time being. Library rules and regulation may be modified from time to time and shall be binding on all concerned.
NOTE: The main purpose of these rules is to safeguard the common interest of all users and to enable the library to carry out its functions as efficiently as possible.